17 декември 2004

sinosplice | about

"The purpose of the site is to provide a peek into the life of an American attempting to integrate himself, somewhat, into Chinese society. In this day and age, a tall white American simply cannot truly integrate into Chinese society. I simply stand out too much, and this society is still very much homogeneous (at least in the sense that almost everyone has Asian features). Nevertheless, I try to understand the culture, I try to master the language, I try to make the most of any disadvantages I find to living in China. Then I try to pass on to Sinosplice visitors some of what I have gained.

My site is different from the sites of many other teachers living in China or doing JET in Japan because I'm actually here for a number of years, with the goal of high fluency in Mandarin Chinese."